Seth Rotherham is the creator of "the vibe" more specifically the 2OceansVibe and has coined such phrases as "no spice" and other pearls like "when in Rome" and "throw me a friggin' bone". The year in, year out King of blogging has built an empire of top-notch brands around him with 2OceansVibe.com, successfully turning the slogan "Work is a sideline, Live the holiday." into a mantra and everyday reality.
Rotherham's cheeky, risque sense of humour and playboy image have become synonymous with Camps Bay and almost as iconic as the Table Mountain skyline. The 2OceansVibe is a cult phenomenon, loyally supported by his 60,000+ devoted fans turning out in droves each month to read what's new, what's hot and what's happening around the world. Now Seth has taken a page from Sir Richard Branson and the Virgin brand by launching his very own mainstream online radio station, 2OceansVibe Radio! He's living the dream.
I can't watch movies without...
- ...my Apple Mac, microwave popcorn, salt and vinegar shake, a joint and a pillow. I also need subtitles nearly always. I don't know why but I struggle sometimes...
Which famous people share your birthday?
- Stacy 'Fergie' Ferguson from the Black Eyed Peas, Quentin Tarantino and Mariah Carey. (27 March)
What is the first film you remember watching?
- E.T. or Risky Business, whichever came first. Risky Business had such an impact on me. I think that's where my obsession with Ray Ban Wayfarers stems from. I still slide in my socks like Tom did after his folks left the house. And the hooker scene - when the blonde hooker first arrives. My God - special moment that.
"...he [Sean Penn] pulled my "look" off nicely on
the cover of a recent GQ that we were both in."
What's the worst movie you've ever seen?
- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. And The Secret. Does that even count as a movie? Was it a practical joke, perhaps? I walked out after 20 minutes - when I realised I knew the rest of the movie through general common sense. To think the contents were a revelation to anyone worries me.
Which movies have made you tearful?
- Many, most recently Sex and the City 1. I also had a little cry in The Green Mile, if I remember correctly. That little bastard who killed Mr. Bojangles... little prick... I enjoy having a good cry every now and then.
Who is the most famous movie star you've ever met?
- Nic Cage, Marisa Tomei, Steven Seagal and Pauly Shore. I rented a house to Nic Cage many years ago, the same house was visited by Seagal (loser), am mates with Marisa Tomei through mutual friends and did a web series with Pauly Shore last year - check out the episodes here.
What's your favourite movie line?
- "What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, then this scum that ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you." - Don Corleone (The Godfather, 1972)
Who would you choose to play you in your biopic?
- Sean Penn, I feel he gives it a good go and he pulled my "look" off nicely on the cover of a recent GQ that we were both in.
If you could produce a movie... what would it be about?
- Comedy drama - a la Wayne's World. I've got a scene with a guy using online porn, which I simply cannot wait to film. It will seriously be one of the funniest things you have ever seen. I'd dig to tell you more but it is literally on a level that Will Ferrell would want.
Finally, your Top Ten movies of all-time...
- That's very hard to say...
The Godfather ...obvious.
The Godfather II ...obvious.
Pulp Fiction ...I used to watch this every single day after school for at least a year.
Dumb and Dumber ...pure, solid, groundbreaking genius.
Something About Mary ...new out-of-the-box thinking and humour - watching that for the first time is one of life's little gifts.
Along Came Polly ...very underrated with Philip Seymour Hoffman.
Risky Business ...I taught him everything.
The Secret of my Success ...Michael J Fox - my God I just wanted to be him.
Wall Street ...wanted to be him too.
Scarface ...my little friend.
Top Ten Movies with... is a people series on SPL!NG, featuring a host of celebrities ranging from up-and-coming to established personalities from all industries including, but not limited to: Internet, Radio, TV, Film, Music, Art and Entrepreneurs. It's a chance to discover who they are, find out where they're at and to get a fun inside look at their taste in movies.
CREDIT ROLL: Photography - Morne Van Zyl