Christopher Mills is probably best known for his Cape Town Blog (aka iMod), which currently ranks as the #1 blog in the whole of South Africa... and Africa. It's not surprising when you discover just how much experience Mills has accumulated over the years, working with the hottest agencies and powerful companies, once described as the "Dalai Lama of computers, web and development".
Chris has racked up shelves of accolades for his websites, web development and is quite literally famous online with a dedicated following and the respect and admiration of his peers. A computer science hot shot at school turn online pioneer, you'd think that Mills was untouchable, but the truth is that this self-proclaimed geek and SEO guru is quite humble about his virtuoso and talent - hence the "Dalai Lama".
Chris might spend most of his time online, but he’s also a loving fiancé who enjoys the finer things in life. A lover of life, dancing, the great outdoors, fly-fishing and an expert on tropical fish - there's plenty behind this increasingly famous profile picture of Christopher Mills. As you can imagine, the man has got his hands full and is literally seizing the day, which is why we were lucky to get this online interview with Chris - to get his take on film with his Top Ten Movies...
"I'm a geek at heart, how could I not love this movie? [Hackers]"
I can't watch movies without...
- ...some kind of intelligent twist or romantic edge.
Which famous people share your birthday?
- Triple H, Jack Higgins, Maya Rudolph and Pete Yorn are some of the most famous folk, who share my birthday. (27 July)
What is the first film you remember watching?
- Haha, it was probably something retro from the '80s like Care Bears or Transformers I guess!
What's the worst movie you've ever seen?
- I don’t really remember movies that I don’t enjoy to be honest, so this is a hard one, but what I can tell you is that I’m not a fan of Will Ferrell, so movies like Blades of Glory, Anchorman and Semi-Pro don’t rank high on my list at all.
Which movies have made you tearful?
- A Walk to Remember and Shawshank Redemption come to mind immediately. I normally get a little teary when movies take that “feel good” turn, which is exactly what happened in both of these movies - Watching Red walk along the beach to meet Andy Dufresne was just brilliant – it gives me shivers just thinking about it!
Who is the most famous movie star you've ever met?
- I don’t think I’ve had the privilege of meeting a famous movie star, but I’ve met Jason Kay from Jamiroquai, do I get any points for that?
What's your favourite movie line?
- “Angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night.” It’s a quote by Allen Ginsberg, which was said in the movie, Hackers.
Who would you choose to play you in your biopic?
- Hayden Christensen, Ryan Phillippe or Jesse Eisenberg.
If you could produce a movie, what would it be about?
- I’d have to go for something digital and somewhat futuristic, something that takes the way the world is moving into a digital age and takes the viewer on a journey of understanding what this is doing to all of us – it would need to leave the viewer thinking, “woah, wait, that is happening?”.
Finally, your top ten movies of all-time...
- Hackers ...I’m a geek at heart, how could I not love this movie?
- Shawshank Redemption ...brilliant acting, amazing story line and not a detail spared!
- Silence of the Lambs ...another brilliant movie with some of the best acting I’ve ever seen, the suspense was deadly too.
- Human Traffic ...I was into clubbing for a couple years of my life and I can relate to this movie in a number of ways.
- Crazy/Beautiful ...just a wonderful feel good movie and I’m a "romcom" junkie.
- Step Up ...I love dancing, so most movies with dancing catch my eyes.
- The Green Mile ...I always think of this movie sitting next to Shawshank Redemption – brilliant actors and a wonderful story line.
- Trainspotting ...I enjoyed a real-life look into what is a reality for a lot of people.
- Cruel Intentions ...Ryan Phillippe was just outstanding in this movie, I’ve watched it over and over, there’s something in it that catches me.
- Pulp Fiction ...true classic, I think everyone can appreciate this movie.
Top Ten Movies with... is a people series on SPL!NG, featuring a host of celebrities ranging from up-and-coming to established personalities from all industries including, but not limited to: Internet, Radio, TV, Film, Music, Art and Entrepreneurs. It's a chance to discover who they are, find out where they're at and to get a fun inside look at their taste in movies.